Monday, April 24, 2017

Crisis Leadership pre work

In today's class were going to be learning about crisis leadership and what type of leaders we are in the workplace. One of the pre work assignment was to take a ten question quiz that will give our leadership type based on the results that were provided. I had personally never seen this quiz before but I thought it was interesting because the questions were presented in a different way. For example, one of the questions asked us to pick an animal and another one asked us to finish the sentence "Rules are meant to be.." I thought this was an interesting way to determine what type of leader I am and how I think through different situations. The type of leader that I received was a democratic leader. This means that what's best for everyone is best for me, and I would offer every employee the chance to offer input and share ideas. This creates problem solving and leads to overall employee satisfaction. Unfortunately, the quiz stated that when there is little time for deliberations, the work is not as good, and sometimes deadlines are missed. In my opinion this doesn't reflect my style because I rarely ever miss deadlines, especially when school assignments are due. It would have been more appropriate to state that these types of leaders may tend to procrastinate which tends to reflect my personality in a more accurate way. Overall I thought this quiz was an excellent and unique way to show what type of leader I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment